Thursday, January 05, 2006

College pucks

Pucks showing college logos are excellent for building personal collections for mainly U.S.-born players. I try to limit the use, though, to some significance -- winning the Hobey Baker Award -- or as a future lesson to my son. In some cases, too, they can be used for multiples.

Of all the pucks, these can be the hardest to find and, unfortunately, rather expensive. I've found most of mine at college bookstores, paying at least $4 to $5 a puck (My usual price for NHL, specialty or AHL pucks, when I buy in bulk, is less than $1.75 each).

Pucks shown above, from left:

Boston University: Chris Bourque (son of Hall of Famer Ray Bourque), Portland Pirates, April 16, 2005, Lowell, Mass.
University of New Hampshire: Ty Conklin, Edmonton Oilers, and Jayme Filipowicz, Providence Bruins, May 25, 2005, Providence, R.I.
Boston College: Mike Mottau (2000 Hobey Baker Award winner), Worcester IceCats, Feb. 19, 2005, Lowell, Mass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home