Thursday, January 05, 2006

Specialty pucks

Of all the pucks I've had signed, these specialty items are the most fun. It's not because they're lighter than others. And they're certainly not any cheaper. What makes them fun is that they're an easy way to increase your collection of an individual player without ending up with duplicates.

As far as I'm concerned, and I believe there are others who might share in my belief, the only reason to have star players or prospects stop signing pucks is when you run out of new, relevant ones.

Following that philosophy, I've built pretty nice collections of Boston's Patrice Bergeron, Carolina's Eric Staal, Ottawa's Jason Spezza and Washington's Steve Eminger.

A couple of caveats, though. These hard can be hard to find, and could be a little more expensive. You'll have your best luck with team stores and puck distributors.

Pucks shown above, from left:

2005 AHL Calder Cup Playoffs Division Semifinals (Providence Bruins vs. Manchester Monarchs): Patrice Bergeron, Providence Bruins, May 25, 2005, Providence, R.I.
New York Rangers 75th Anniversary: Brian Leetch, Boston Bruins, Aug. 25, 2005, Boston
2005 AHL All-Star Classic: Ryan Miller, Rochester Americans, Feb. 13, 2005, Manchester, N.H.

The Bergeron puck is the 600th of my collection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home